Proceedings of IRB meetings are considered confidential. IRB members, alternate members and ex officio members should not disclose information about studies including (but not limited to) contents of files, details of discussions and the attribution of comments to specific committee members. Such members must sign IRB confidentiality agreements.
Persons may be permitted to attend UM IRB meetings as guests under the following conditions:
1) Guest attendance is at the discretion of the IRB chair or IRB-designee
2) Guests may be asked to leave at any time
3) Guests may not be in attendance during the deliberations relative to a study in which they serve as PI, co-investigator or key personnel
4) Guests must sign a confidentiality agreement
5) Guests must reveal any conflicts of interest prior to attendance and/or must excuse themselves if a potential conflict reveals itself
6) Guests shall sign in and may be asked to document the purpose of their visit