1) You will receive an eProst-generated e-mail notification that there is a study pending your approval.
2) Log into eProst (Chapters 1 and 2)
3) Click on Departmental Approver role or the Ancillary Committee Member role from within the Home Workspace page (Chapter 3), depending on the type of review you will be performing and the permissions allowed to you within eProst.
4) Click on the title of the study you wish to access under the My Inbox tab on the Home Workspace
5) Click on the View Protocol button on the top left of your screen to view the SmartForm in a multipage format. The user may use the CONTINUE and BACK buttons to navigate within the SmartForm as well as the Jump To: functionality. Alternatively, you may click on the Printer-Friendly Version button if you wish to combine all of the pages within the SmartForm into one continuous web page
6) Users will be presented with specific activities based on their roles and the permissions assigned to them within the system. These activities include one or more of the following:
· Issue Departmental Administrative Approval
· Issue Departmental Scientific Approval
· Issue Departmental Chair Approval
· Issue Ancillary Committee Approval
Additionally, all users with a reviewer role will all have the following two activities available to them:
· “Changes Requested by Department Reviewer” or “Changes Requested by Ancillary Reviewer”
· “Issue Department Disapproval” or “Issue Ancillary Disapproval”
7) If the reviewer wishes to request modification(s) to the submission, he/she may do so by clicking the appropriate Changes Requested by… activity. This will automatically unlock the SmartForm for editing by a member of the study team, set the state of the submission to Changes Requested by Originating Department or Changes Requested by Ancillary Reviewer as appropriate, and alert the PI and study contacts via email of the status of the submission.
8) If the reviewer wishes to disapprove the submission, he/she may do so by clicking the Disapprove Study activity. eProst will open a separate window asking the user to confirm their disapproval of the study and provide a comment area to allow the user to provide any further communication they wish to attach to the disapproval.
NOTE: The PI will be provided with the ability to appeal any disapprovals
9) If the reviewer wishes to approve the submission and forward to the next step in the workflow, he/she may do so by clicking the appropriate Issue Approval activity. eProst will open a separate window asking the user to confirm their approval of the study and provide a comment area to allow the user to provide any further communication they wish to attach to the approval.
NOTE: If the study is in the Originating Department Review state and the Department Chair or their designees issues the chair approval, eProst will override the requirement for additional departmental review and forward the study to any applicable Ancillary Committees